I promised my friend, Miss Lovely (http://www.misslovelytan.blogspot.com) that i would post a demo of the donut bun that was supposedly for short haired girls.
And it's going to turn into something like this:
Thank you to my very supportive sister for helping me take these photos :)
This is the donut bun maker:
It's made iut of nylon and mine velcro in it to keep the hair in place. It's HK$36 in Sasa :) According to the instructions at the back of the packaging, you're supposed to somehow wrap your hair around it like this:
But for long haired girls like me, it's impossible to do that. But I saw a lot of girls in HK and Macau sporting it differently. Somehow i figured out how they did it. My entry today will be photo heavy so please be patient as the photos load.
All you need aside from the donut bun maker are:
2 elastic hair ties (it doesn't matter what color because it won't be seen anyway)
Some bobby pins
And a comb
Are you ready? Let's start! :)
1) First you need to tie your hair into a ponytail, it's upto you how high you want your bun to be
2) Take your donut bun and put your ponytail through it
3) Push the bun until the base of your ponytail
4) spread the hair around the bun letting the hair "waterfall" around it
.... Until the front part, covering the whole bun
5) use another ponytail and place it on top of the waterfall making it hug the bun
6) Take the rest of the hair and gather it
7) Start twisting while wrapping it around the bun
8) Once you reach the end, secure with bobby pins, and i you see pieces sticking out, put some bobby pins as well
... And here's the finished product :)
Whew! Finished! I hope i was able to demonstrate it well, you can also substitute the twisted part with a braid and wrap it also around and even out a flower or a head scarf for accent.
Thanks for reading :) if you have any comments, suggestions, whatsoever, please feel free to leave uour message in the comment box below :)
- Mil Besos y Abrazos! <3