Air Force City Clark Air Base

Hola Chiquititos! :) I was a way for a few days and so I was not able to write anything. I didn't have access to free internet where we stayed in. I went to Clark, Pampanga again and yes, I ate in VFW again but this time with the whole family and some family friends, meaning, MORE FOOD! :) But I'll write about that next time. Today I will show you the wonderful training planes of the Philippine  Air Force.
 
As I have said in my previous post, the Air Force City, Clark Air Base, in Pampanga, Philippines used to be an American Air Base, but since the Mt. Pinatubo Eruption, it has become an Air Base of the Philippine air Force. But this place continues to be an open port that's why there are still plenty of Americans and people from other Nations who are here. 

Here I am with my husband as he showed me around and our friend snapped a picture of us beside this T-41 Air Craft which the Student Officers/Pilots use to train. It's a fairly small plane but It's safe.
Whether the pilot is from the Military or Commercial sector, everyone has to review and check things before flying for everyone's safety.
The T-41 Plane was used by the United States Armed Forces as the training air craft for their pilots in 1961, which we in the Philippines adapted. It's length is 26 feet, 11 inches or 8.21 meters with a wing span of 35 feet 10 inches or 10.92 meters. It's 8 feet. 10 inches tall or 2.69 meters. It can run up to 144mph or 232 km/h 

 When I brought my family here, they were also given the privilege to tour the vicinity and to have their pictures taken by the planes :)
 A pilot showing them the interior of the T-41
 My sister was fascinated by the fire truck too so she had her picture taken by it. All air ports and air bases have fire trucks and ambulances just in case something goes wrong when the plane lands.
 We were also lucky enough to find 2 of these Huey Helicopters so we asked permission if we can take pictures with them too :)
 Air Force 1 Walk.... haha 
 I really like the Clark Area because I always feel like I'm out of the country and in a different place. It's always a breath of fresh air for me when I am there :) Well, that's all I can show you because we went on a quiet day, but I hope you all learned a little something about our training planes :) 

5 Response to "Air Force City Clark Air Base"

  1. Lovely Tan says:
    June 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM

    Cool!!

  2. mintmochaformimi says:
    June 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM

    Hi Achi! Maybe one day if we're both in Pampanga we can meet up and i'll ask Lee Van to show you around too :)

  3. Adam says:
    June 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

    cool air force base, reminds me of the all the old airshows they had near my house at the small airport

  4. mintmochaformimi says:
    June 5, 2012 at 12:35 AM

    I'm glad you liked it even if i wasn't able to show much :)

  5. Anonymous Says:
    March 19, 2014 at 11:05 AM

    Hi, I just wanted to ask if you know how to get permits for pre-nuptial pictorial there? Or is that an open field that everybody is welcome to come and take pictures? Thanks!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...