Food Trip: VFW Post 2485 Canteen, Clark Freeport Zone

Hola Chicos! I've fallen in love with one of the restaurants here in the Philippines which serves great traditional American Food which is the Veterans of the Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 2485, at the Clark Freeport Zone, Pampanga, Philippines :) Yes, A mouthful. But their food is not only delicious, but also affordable with big servings (for us Filipinos yes the servings are big haha) (prices of what we ordered are listed below)


Clark Freeport Zone used to be home to American Soldiers before the Mt. Pinatubo Explosion in 1991 which devastated this Former US Air Base. Now, this zone is where the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport is, as well as the Air Force City of the Philippine Air Force.

The first time I visited this restaurant was with my family during the Holy Week or the Semana Santa (yes like in Spanish ^-^) We came here with family friends and we were placed in a separate function room because there more than 20 of us. This function room of theirs had a small library you can borrow books from. But last week, my husband and I decided to eat there with our friend Joel :)

 Here's Joel being asked for his order :)

 Joel ordered the Salisbury Steak. Lean Ground Meat served with Condensed Mushroom Sauce. It was also served with rice and coleslaw. 
 According to Joel, it was pretty good only if he had not forgotten to ask the lady to put the gravy on the side. He's not the gravy type of guy unless he's in Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) where he wants his chicken literally swimming and floating in Gravy.

As for my husband Lee Van, he ordered Roast Beef served with Mashed Potato and Coleslaw and a huge Dinner Roll
 I'm a spaghetti/pasta person so I ordered this traditional Spaghetti and Meat Sauce served with Garlic Bread (I ordered this one only because I'll be sharing with Lee Van and Joel anyway so we can all try what we all ordered)
I actually like this place because, firstly, it is very accessible. It's only about an hour travel time through the North Luzon Express Way (NLEX) and the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX). It is just a little difficult to visit because of its location which is out of the way and you really have to find it. But I consider it one of Clark's hidden treasures. They don't just serve steaks and spaghetti. The list under their Breakfast Menu are great too.  I only have one comment and it's about their lighting. At night, the lights are a little too dim for my taste....the food more than made up for their poor lighting. 

For the prices:

Salisbury Steak - PhP 225.00
Roast Beef - PhP 290.00
Spaghetti and Meat Sauce - PhP 235.00

Veterans of the Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 2485
381 Santol Road (Corner Santol Rd. and Pinatubo St.,)
Clarkview Subdivision, Angeles City, Philippines
Telephone: +63 45 8927147
Open to the public from 07:00 to 21:00 daily.

You can check out their website which is http://www.vfwpost2485 

I would like to apologize for the poor quality of pictures today. I only used my old point and shoot Canon Ixus Camera (Trust me, it's old...) and we came late in the evening (almost closing time) so pictures turned out noisy and grainy. But I hoped you enjoyed today's entry :)

- Hasta Luego y Mil Besos y Abrazos! <3

4 Response to "Food Trip: VFW Post 2485 Canteen, Clark Freeport Zone"

  1. Mani Curiously says:
    May 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM

    I found your blog through bloggers and LOVE IT!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the American food and that you consider the VFW to be a hidden gem! Looking forward to reading your blog more! xo, E

  2. mintmochaformimi says:
    May 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM

    I'm really glad you liked it thank you very much :) i'll make sure to check out your blog too. And yes i loved the food there and will be checking out other restaurants that serve traditional American Food :)

    Thanks again!

  3. Rum-Punch Drunk says:
    June 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM

    Wow, the portions are BIG but it also looks very tasty. Wish I was a bit closer to be able to try it out myself. Can't work out the price in £s. :)

  4. mintmochaformimi says:
    June 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM

    Oh! Ok I'll take not of that. I'll be writing a second part of this post because my family went to the restaurant again. I'll include the price in US$ so that it will be easier for you to convert :)

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...